Friday, July 1, 2011

T3W1 Main learning points and Homework

Dear Pupils,

I hope you are as excited as me when it comes to poems.

Homework & things which we have covered for this week:

  • Mconline tasks + Ezportfolio
  • Workbook page 1-5
  • Cyberwellness lesson on Netiquette
  • Revision on the use of effective dialogues. eg. "I like you," teased David. "Not!"
  • Writing effective dialogues (Do you know how to punctuate correctly?)
  • Use variants of 'said'
  • nonsensical poems
  • rhyming words


Lesson extensions for Parents:
Together with your child, write Acrostic poems using names of relatives, friends, etc.
These poems make great gifts for all occasions!

For eg:
Able to listen with a listening ear
Being there to lend a helping hand
Eager to teach everyone in class 4C & 4K
Learning is key to success in life!

Would you like to form an Acrostic poem using words like, "ENGLISH" or "Hong Wen School" or "HWS" , etc? You may leave your contribution under the comments.


Have fun,
Mr Abel Kok

43 comments:

  1. Mr Kok, this is my poem:
    Tells us what to do
    Eager to teach us
    A is what we will get if we listen
    Caring and kind
    Helps us all the time
    Energetic every day
    Read, read and read!
    Science and lots more, they teach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaun Gan Yew HanJuly 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM

    Saturdays are my favourite days
    Hunting for books in libraries hoping to score …..
    “A”s for every subject!
    Usually prepared for anything!
    Nobody messes with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To do homework
    Integrity
    Need to study hard
    Good at chinese
    Fictions book
    As busy as a bee
    Need to be active listener
    Games cannot be played at all time

    ReplyDelete
  4. J is for Jolly, fun to be with
    A is for Active, clever and bright
    S is for Special, right from the start
    O is for Openness, I always wait for your stories
    N is for Natural, the genuine side of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. E- English's
    N- Never boring
    G- Great for games
    L- Laughter for the mind
    I- Interesting for cross culture communication
    S- Surely you will enjoy learning English
    H- Having fun as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. English is easy

    Nigel is my brother's nickname

    Goh is my surname

    Lion City was what Singapore was called

    I live in Singapore

    Singapore is my homeland

    Hong Wen is my school

    ReplyDelete
  7. R-un
    U-ndercover boss
    I-s very clever

    J-ust try her best
    I-s having a relaxed life
    A-person who is very ambitious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honesty
    Obedient
    Nonsense Poem
    Genius children

    Weekdays
    Energetic
    Non-fiction books

    Smart students
    Compassion
    Honest
    Offering helps
    Not. Offensive
    Loyalty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Mr. Abel Kok,

    This is the acrostic poem that I have formed. This poem is about family.

    Sister is fun to play with.
    Improvement of family relationship is very important.

    Home is warm and caring to stay in.
    Uncle in America is the one who I always miss the most.
    I am fortunate to live in this warm and cosy family!

    That is the end of my poem.

    From,
    Si Hui

    ReplyDelete
  10. Family is what we need>.<
    All we need is family's care and concern:)
    More the care,concern and LOVE from our family
    the more happiness we have:>
    I LOVE all my family member except my aunt:<>
    Love my family member even when i in heaven:)
    You and I are fortunate to have such a wonderful and love us sssoooooo much family:@


    we should love our family forever especially our parents they scold us for reasons they scold us 4 GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr kok this is my poem,


    F-friends is what you need.
    R-responsible for everything.
    I-is always caring and sharing.
    E-elated to have one.
    N-nationality is not important.
    D-diligent as always.
    S-someone special to you!

    Regards,
    Lee Zi Qi 4k

    ReplyDelete
  12. J-Joyful and cheerful
    U-usually on task
    S-School is fun
    T-Tan is my surname
    I-I like Hong Wen
    N-Not only Chinese, I like English

    ReplyDelete
  13. Irene Lee Wei LingJuly 5, 2011 at 8:56 PM

    Mr Kok,
    This is my acrostic peom

    Willing to help others
    Eager to learn ENGLISH
    Intelligent and incredulous


    Logical when speaking and thinking
    Intead of dump girl, I am a hardworking girl.
    Never never let me give up my precious English.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Something fun,

    Creating new things,

    Helping our new friends.

    Online training from IT teachers,

    On for every challenge we are for,

    Living our spirits high for every lesson!



    Jie Lin

    ReplyDelete
  15. 4-4K
    K-kindness is our motto
    I-integrity is our school value
    N-nothing is impossible for us to achieve
    D-digital life is around us
    N-never say no to any challenges
    E-excel in studies,achieve excellence results and to be an elite person
    S-super class spirit
    S-study in Hong Wen School is our honor

    ReplyDelete
  16. Splendid
    I am fortunate
    Never give up hope
    Great successes made
    A place called home for me
    Population increases annually
    Ordinary citizens and new immigrants
    Really a first world country for most people
    Empowered to be a Singaporean, onward to progress

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Mr Abel Kok, here is my acrostic poem,
    M-y favourite subject is English.
    A-pple is my favourite fruit.
    R-eading is one of my hobbies.
    K-eeping an insect. YUCK!

    C-ooperative I am.
    H-appy and Cheerful.
    O-ctober is best, Children’s Day!
    N-oble is my character.
    G-oal! I will always aim for the best score.

    ReplyDelete
  18. intresting
    national
    x-ray

    teamwork
    aim to score well in English
    y MEANS WHY

    ReplyDelete
  19. M-my
    R-responsible
    S-special
    L-loyalty
    U-united
    I-integrity

    ReplyDelete
  20. M-indful
    I-ntergrity is important
    C-areful with my work
    H-onesty is my value
    E-lated every single day
    L-earning is fun
    L-ike all my subjects
    E-ducation is important

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cheerful everyday
    Happiness is all around
    Energetic,full of life
    Lively as I can be
    Zealous willing to take part in sports
    Angelic full of fairy dust

    ReplyDelete
  22. MANNERLY
    SINCERELY

    LIKES SCHOOL
    INTERNATIONAL
    NINE GOOD POINTS
    GOES TO SCHOOL HAPPILY

    ReplyDelete
  23. MEANINGFUL
    RESPONSIBLE

    KEEN TO TEACH US
    ONE GOOD POINT
    NICE TO TEACH US
    GOOD CHINESE

    Z
    I

    L
    I
    N
    G

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very kind to his pupils
    Intelligent and teaches his pupils well
    Never fails to help his pupils
    Cheerful and makes his pupils happy
    Enthusatic everyday
    Nice also to other pupils
    Take good cares of his pupils

    Patient
    A super and mighty teacher
    No failing to treat his pupils well
    Go and have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. SINCERE
    INNOCENT
    NAME-SINGAPURA
    GOOD WORLD
    ACE
    PINE
    ONWARD SINGAPORE
    READING
    E

    ReplyDelete
  26. E- English,
    N- Not Singlish.
    G- Good for learning,
    L- Love it and like it!
    I- I think it super easy,
    S- So, do you love or like it?
    H- Helpful for your own daily lifes!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Honesty is one of our school values
    Outdoor facilities are students' favourite
    Never say never spirit
    Good teachers that don't mind sacrificing their time for students

    Wish there were less homework
    Eagle-eyed prefects at four corners
    Nevertheless HONGWEN is the best school in my heart.

    By Wei Lun

    ReplyDelete
  28. Facebook filled with fun,
    Aiding communication,
    communicate around the world.
    Emminating creativeity.
    Better in anything that twitter,
    Orientally a big virtual world,
    OMG you'll say,
    Keen on the games

    ReplyDelete
  29. Subjects are important and
    Usually easy.
    Better learn them carefully
    Just to gain more knowledge and do well.
    English,Maths,Science and
    Chinese too,aren't
    Too tough for us to learn.
    Subjects are important in school!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mr KOK,
    A-lways willing to teach.
    N-ever stop helping students.
    D-o homework!
    Y-ellow house the best.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mr Dass is his name
    Right teacher for amusing people

    D for dinosaur liked(muscular)
    Amazing teacher
    Super super Mr Dass
    Special teacher in Hong Wen

    ReplyDelete
  32. Able to lend a helping hand
    Books read ,read and read!
    Energtic teacher
    Likes teaching students of his classes

    Keen to teach students
    OBSTACLES does not stand in his way
    KIND TO EVERYBODY

    By
    Wei Lun

    ReplyDelete
  33. healthy
    organ strong
    neat
    go to school to learn

    win others by studying hard
    elated to go school
    nice to others

    ReplyDelete
  34. Singapore is a nice place to be
    I love this place
    Nice place for you to stay
    Go and enjoy yourselves
    A good place with yummy food
    People lived with joy and pride here
    Oh,what a beautiful place
    Right here now I am pleased
    Educated and knowledgable people here

    ReplyDelete
  35. The magic lamp

    There it is, the lamp
    Henry make a wish
    Eagerly rubbing the lamp

    Magic Lamp, Magic Lamp
    Aadacadabra!!
    Genie in the lamp
    I wish for a spaceship to get us home
    Caboom!!

    Lauren and Henry  get onto the spaceship
    And blast off
    Magic spaceship brought them back to their homeland,
    Planet

    ReplyDelete
  36. W-WONDERFUL
    E-Energetic
    N-Never fail
    D-DO MY BEST
    Y-YOU THE BEST

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ning zhi is my sister
    Intelligent
    Naive
    Gracious

    Zealous
    Here are the pesonalties found
    In my beloved sister.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  38. Reading is my favourite hobby.
    Icreaseing my knowledge
    Never fordet to take a break,
    And look at the green scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Mr Benny Ng

    Best of the best
    Energetic everyday
    Never say never spirit
    No buts
    Yawning is not allowed

    Nothing can stop him
    GO! Go! Go!


    By
    Wei Lun

    ReplyDelete
  40. M-erry and funny
    S-o good in english

    S-o near from becoming a level dean
    E-arly in coming to school everyday
    H-aving no difficulties in teaching us

    ReplyDelete
  41. C is for Caring
    I is for Inspiration
    N is for Never give up
    D is for Devotion
    Y is for Youthfulness

    O is for being Organized
    H is for Humility

    By Jason Low

    ReplyDelete
  42. MR
    Active
    Loyal
    Very wise
    Intelligent
    Nice

    Learns
    Imposible
    Magic

    ReplyDelete
  43. Miss Lee
    I like her
    So kind
    So helpful to others

    Like chidren like us
    Extraordinary fantastic
    Extraordinary nice

    ReplyDelete