I learnt that Metaphor is used to describe nouns. It envetises the noun itself more than a similie. I also learnt how to use direct and indirect phrases or sentences. If the sentence is a fact, it cannot use in past tense, and indirect sentences are used to say reported speech or sentence.
I had learnt many Metaphor! Eg: My brother is a flag pole, meaning that my brother is as thin as a flag pole. And there were many examples I learnt from the videos. And the Direct and Indirect Speech. Direct speech reports someone's wording while Indirect roports someone's meaning.
A metaphor is different from a simile.Metaphor uses the verb "is".While Simile uses the word "like" or "as...as".When direct sentences had to be changed to indirect sentences,some things like modals,time tagand more had to be changed.
I have learned metaphors.It does not use like or as as in comparison.Metaphors are similar to similes.I have also learnt direct and indirect speeches and examples of direct to indirect speeches like tomorrow becomes the following day,present tense becomes past tense.
I learnt that a metaphor compares one item with another by saying that it is the other item SUCH AS, butterflies are in my stomach! The actual meaning is that I am very nervous. And I also learnt that Direct speech reports someones wording and Indirect speech reports someones meaning.Here is a example composed by me, "I am going to the cinema tomorrow!"Ali announced to Theo. After some time,Theo reported to Xavier,"Ali is going to the cinema the following day."
Mentrephore 1.Unlike similies,metaphore uses is and was. 2.it makes our writing more interesting as it makes us look things in a different light. 3.consider the pesons physical appearences,character/behaviour,ect to write a mentaphore about it/him/her 4.it helps us to compare someone to another object-eg.my fingers are icicles. Direct and indirect speech 1.change the pronouce ,time tag and tenses when changing directv to indirect. 2.unless what the person said was a scintific fact,when a person reports a speech,he or she must report in past tense. 3.when someone reports a speech immedietly,do not change the tense. eileen
Direct speech is a speech that is originaly said by a person. Indirect speech is a speech said by a person that is reported by another person to another person.(3 parties)For eg. "John said, I'm going home." and "John said that he was going home." However when it is a fact, we cannot change the tenses.
I learned that...... Direct and Indirect speech: Direct speech reports someone's wording while Indirect speech reports someone's meaning. Quotations usually involve two clauses, the first one is whose saying, the second one is the saying. Subject and verb order in the reporting clause can be reversed IF the reporting clause comes last. Metaphor: A metaphor compares one item with another by saying that it is the other item. Metaphors also makes our writing more interesting by making us look at it from a different light. The difference between both of them is that a metaphor does not use'like' or 'as......as' in it's comparison while a simile does. I also learnt how to write a Metaphor.
I have learnt metaphors use is,while similes use like and as.Direct and indirect speeches are use when you are reporting something.We need to change tenses,pronouns,punctuations,time tag and modals.
Metaphors and simile: simile uses 'as...as' and 'like' while metaphors uses the verb 'is'. Metaphor can be used to help enhance the standard of our composition by comparing a person to an object which is like the person.
Direct and indirect speeches: Direct speeches is a person talking now.Indirect speeches is the person said already.Example:Direct speech (Tom said:"I am going to the beach." ) Indirect speech (Tom said that he was going to the beach.
I have learned that that metaphors are used better then similes and unlike similies,metaphore uses is and was it makes the composition more interesting too.
So far, I learned that smilies uses words like 'as' or 'like' . Unlike smilies , metaphors decsribes a person,or animal is eacsacly or is the object not like but is eg:For me,time is money MEANING: Time is money here, as time is very important for the person as money is precious as it can buy your daily needs same for the time here.He/she must be very busy and needs to finsh everything.
Mr Kok,
ReplyDeleteI learnt that Metaphor is used to describe nouns. It envetises the noun itself more than a similie. I also learnt how to use direct and indirect phrases or sentences. If the sentence is a fact, it cannot use in past tense, and indirect sentences are used to say reported speech or sentence.
I had learnt many Metaphor! Eg: My brother is a flag pole, meaning that my brother is as thin as a flag pole. And there were many examples I learnt from the videos. And the Direct and Indirect Speech. Direct speech reports someone's wording while Indirect roports someone's meaning.
ReplyDeleteA metaphor is different from a simile.Metaphor uses the verb "is".While Simile uses the word "like" or "as...as".When direct sentences had to be changed to indirect sentences,some things like modals,time tagand more had to be changed.
ReplyDeleteI have learned metaphors.It does not use like or as as in comparison.Metaphors are similar to similes.I have also learnt direct and indirect speeches and examples of direct to indirect speeches like tomorrow becomes the following day,present tense becomes past tense.
ReplyDeleteBy
Wei Lun
I learnt that a metaphor compares one item with another by saying that it is the other item SUCH AS, butterflies are in my stomach! The actual meaning is that I am very nervous.
ReplyDeleteAnd I also learnt that Direct speech reports someones wording and Indirect speech reports someones meaning.Here is a example composed by me, "I am going to the cinema tomorrow!"Ali announced to Theo. After some time,Theo reported to Xavier,"Ali is going to the cinema the following day."
I have finished my summary SHAUN GAN
Mentrephore 1.Unlike similies,metaphore uses is and was.
ReplyDelete2.it makes our writing more interesting as it makes us look things in a different light.
3.consider the pesons physical appearences,character/behaviour,ect to write a mentaphore about it/him/her
4.it helps us to compare someone to another object-eg.my fingers are icicles.
Direct and indirect speech
1.change the pronouce ,time tag and tenses when changing directv to indirect.
2.unless what the person said was a scintific fact,when a person reports a speech,he or she must report in past tense.
3.when someone reports a speech immedietly,do not change the tense.
eileen
Direct and indirect speech:
ReplyDeleteDirect speech is a speech that is originaly said by a person. Indirect speech is a speech said by a person that is reported by another person to another person.(3 parties)For eg. "John said, I'm going home." and "John said that he was going home." However when it is a fact, we cannot change the tenses.
Indirect and Direct speeches:
ReplyDeleteWhen we use direct speech we have to add open and close inverted commars and a commar("....,").
When we use indirect speech we have to take away the open and close inverted commars and a commar. We also have to change the pronoun.
Metaphor
ReplyDelete1)A metaphor compares one item with another by saying that it is the other item.
2)Metaphors make our writing more interesting by making us look at things from a different light.
3)A metaphor is similar to a simile but it does not use 'like' or 'as...as' in its comparison.
Indirect and Direct speech
1)Direct speech reports someone's wording.
2)Indirect speech reports someone's meaning.
3)The subject and verb order in the reporting clause can be reversed if the reporting clause comes last.
4)The comma in the sentence comes before or after the quoted words.
5)The punctuation marks in the sentence are placed inside the quotation marks.
6)A quote within a quote is enclosed in quotation marks that are not the same as those already in use.
7)When we say something we identify persons,thing,places and time with reference to the speech situation.
8)When we report the meaning of saying through indirect speech,we must transform all references to the speech situation-time,place and persons.
9)People refer to themselves using the personal pronoun.This 1st person pronoun has to be transformed into a 3rd person pronoun.
Angel and Tiffany
Dear Mr. Abel Kok,
ReplyDeleteI learned that......
Direct and Indirect speech: Direct speech reports someone's wording while Indirect speech reports someone's meaning. Quotations usually involve two clauses, the first one is whose saying, the second one is the saying. Subject and verb order in the reporting clause can be reversed IF the reporting clause comes last.
Metaphor: A metaphor compares one item with another by saying that it is the other item. Metaphors also makes our writing more interesting by making us look at it from a different light. The difference between both of them is that a metaphor does not use'like' or 'as......as' in it's comparison while a simile does. I also learnt how to write a Metaphor.
Si Hui
I have learnt metaphors use is,while similes use like and as.Direct and indirect speeches are use when you are reporting something.We need to change tenses,pronouns,punctuations,time tag and modals.
ReplyDeleteMetaphors and simile:
ReplyDeletesimile uses 'as...as' and 'like' while metaphors uses the verb 'is'. Metaphor can be used to help enhance the standard of our composition by comparing a person to an object which is like the person.
Direct and indirect speeches:
Direct speeches is a person talking now.Indirect speeches is the person said already.Example:Direct speech (Tom said:"I am going to the beach." ) Indirect speech (Tom said that he was going to the beach.
I have learned that that metaphors are used better then similes and unlike similies,metaphore uses is and was it makes the composition more interesting too.
ReplyDeleteSo far, I learned that smilies uses words like 'as' or 'like' . Unlike smilies , metaphors decsribes a person,or animal is eacsacly or is the object not like but is
ReplyDeleteeg:For me,time is money
MEANING: Time is money here, as time is very important for the person as money is precious as it can buy your daily needs same for the time here.He/she must be very busy and needs to finsh everything.
Mr Abel Kok,I have learnt many metaphors and direct speech to indirect speech.Having "a heart of stone" does not mean that your heart is a stone.
ReplyDelete