A crop of disappointments
A flood of pride rose in him
A glittering infectious smile
A reputation that swelled like a sponge
An albatross around my neck
An apple of his eye
Break one’s heart
By word of mouth
Crowed about
Despite bleeding profusely, she endured the pain
Tim chickened out when the bully challenged him to a fight.
Everyone was whispering to another about the scene
felt a shiver down my spine
fished out my handphone and dialled triple nine
Flames leaped in his eyes
He was on cloud nine when he won the prize
her laughter moves like a bat through silent haunted woods
Her scream cut like a knife as the snatch thief ran off with her handbag.
His face turned red like a tomato
hollered, exclaimed, yelled, whispered, warned, advised...
horsed around
I felt a shiver down my spine when I heard the bad news.
I was all thumbs with the dialling as I was feeling nervous
In the twinkling of an eye
Lend a helping hand
lightning glare
Made a beeline
mathematical precision
My friends horsed around in class when the teacher was away
My mother nagged, "Wake up, you will be late for school."
Paramedics rushed over to attend to the wounded
Passersby stood rooted not knowing what to do next.
Pay through one’s nose
Put one’s foot down
She was elated over her results
She was so embarrassed that she weeped bitterly
stung like a scorpion
The beating of her heart was like a drum
The place swarmed like a hive
the pupils roared in laughters
turned a deaf ear
When Andrew saw his results, a bitterness crept into his face.
Words as soft as rain
Friday, April 29, 2011
recap on golden phrases that we have learned before
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thank you MR Kok>
ReplyDeleteThanks Mr Abei Kok,now I know more about golden phrases!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mr Kok
ReplyDeletei have a new word' why dont you write as soft-hearted as sponge
ReplyDelete