Thursday, March 17, 2011

How's your memory?


Dear Pupils,


I can't wait to see all of you on Monday. How's everyone? Recently, I have been reading on articles related to memory and how to boost one's memory. Some of the things which appeared in the articles really amazed me. Would you like to improve your memory too? Let me know on Monday. The two ways which I have learned include 'Mental Picture' and 'Memory list'. Great fun!


Just to whet your appetite, you may want to try Memory List with a friend or your parents.


Have someone to read out the following list of words to you. See how many of the words you can recall. After every 30 minutes interval, try reciting the list again and compare with the results of a typical person below.


The list of words:


  1. monkey

  2. necklace

  3. ladder

  4. tractor

  5. fruit

  6. School

  7. stationery

  8. eraser

  9. flower

  10. Singapore

  11. composition

  12. classmate

  13. yellow

  14. black

  15. jacket

  16. watch

Compare your results with the chart below:


The typical person will get:


  • First try- 5-6 words

  • Second try 8-9 words

  • Third try 10-11 words

  • Fourth try 12 words

  • Fifth try 12+ words

So how did you fare? I'm very excited with this memory activity, how about you? Would you like to share this in class? Let me know under the comments. Thank you.


Mr Abel Kok

No comments:

Post a Comment